SO/TS 16949:2009 is a standard developed with a goal of development of a quality management system. ISO/TS 16949:2009 provide a way of continuous improvement with an emphasis on defect prevention and reduction in variation and waste prevailing in the supply chain. ISO/TS 16949:2009 was developed by the European and North American standards.
Automotive manufacturers all over the world recognize ISO/TS 16949 certification. Through the use of ISO/TS 16949 Automotive industry can comply with ISO 9001:2008 requirements combined with specific requirements.
Automotive industry also uses ISO/TS 16949:2009 standard for the design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of automotive parts and products including products, production or services such as heat treatment, coating, galvanization or other surface treatments or other services specified by the customer.
Benefits of ISO / TS 16949 certification
- ISO/TS 16949 certification is a well established and recognized standard for constructors and manufacturers all over the world.
- ISO/TS 16949 certification provide them with a confirmed competitive edge over others
- ISO/TS 16949 certification allows them access to new markets all over the world
- ISO/TS 16949 allows them to anticipate changes in their requirements
- ISO/TS 16949 shows efficiency and quality of processes and their development at an organization
- ISO/TS 16949 is proof to customers that an Organization’s quality system meets with their specific requirements
- ISO/TS 16949 put an image of competence and effectiveness based on a globally accepted standard